The important beamline elements are translated into the respective ones in COSY; these include
drifts, multipoles, superimposed multipoles, and bends. Some elements
supported by GICOSY are translated to drifts or commented out and may have to be adjusted
Information about the converter:
- All fringe fields command are replaced by "FR 2" at the beginning of the
converted COSY code. If a different mode is needed, this has to be
- If any line exceeds 80 characters then it has to be corrected manually.
- Order, dim and parm declaration is set to "OV 5 3 1" at the beginning.
- Only the variables appearing on the left hand side of an expressions are defined
at the beginning. If other variables are used, they have to be
- GICOSY system variables have to be converted manually.
- GICOSY commands that don't have equivalent COSY commands will be
commented out and a message showing the GICOSY line is written to
the converted COSY code.
- If aberrations are needed, "SB" must be set manually.
- GICOSY FIT commands are commented out. They must be entered manually in the
GICOSY decks are submitted using the the form below. The input file will be
converted to a COSY INFINITY compatible input and sent directly to your browser.
Just save the file "output.fox" to your hard disk.
An example GICOSY code is available here . The converted COSY INFINITY code is available here.
The GICOSY to COSY converter was written by Shashikant Manikonda and is currently maintained by Kyoko Makino.